Thursday, March 24, 2011

Concert Posters Of The Day Mar.24th (Guns N' Roses)

Today's posters are from the fourth time I saw Guns N' Roses in concert. This show was in 2006 at Rexall Place in Edmonton. Opening bands for this show were Sebastian Bach ex of Skid Row, who I thought was better then I had anticipated, after Bach was Helmet, a band I had never seen live before and have been a fan of for some time. I really liked their set, they rocked. Headliner of the evening was Axl Rose and his latest incarnation of Guns N' Roses. What a fucking joke this was. After Helmet, we waited almost 2 hours before GnR hit the stage, which made it almost midnite. The crowd was getting restless, and I was getting drunk by then. Have to say, I was not much impressed with them this time around. I grew up on the old GnR, them being one of my favorite bands in the mid 80's, when I was a teen. Axl and the band sounded alright, but I couldn't get past the GnR thing, this wasn't GnR, this was Axl solo with a back up band. I had a hard time keeping my eyes open during the show, until they brought out Bubbles and the boys from Trailer Park Boys to do the song "Liquor and Whores". You know it's bad when Bubbles steals the show from GnR.

I went to this show with Janis after I had won tickets from the local classic rock station K97.









Setlist for Guns N' Roses.

Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Live and Let Die
Better Play
Robin Finck Guitar Solo
Instrumental Jam
Sweet Child O' Mine
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
You Could Be Mine Play Video
Dizzy Reed Piano Solo
(Angie)
Street Of Dreams
Rocket Queen
Richard Fortus Guitar Solo Richard Fortus & Robin Finck Guitar Duet
(Angel)
Out Ta Get Me Instrumental Jam
Axl Rose Piano Solo
November Rain
Down On The Farm (UK Subs cover)
I.R.S.
Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (O Canada,Don't Cry)
My Michelle
(with Sebastian Bach)
Liquor & Whores (Bubbles & the Shit Rockers cover) (with Bubbles)
Used To Love Her
Patience
Nightrain
Encore:
Madagascar
Chinese Democracy
Paradise City

No comments:

Post a Comment