Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Concert Shirt Of The Day Nov.9th (Classic Rock Weekend)

Today's t-shirt is from the Classic Rock Weekend Festival held in High River,Alberta back in 1997. It was the first annual festival, well that didn't last long,cause they never did have another one. I went to this show with Hurl, his wife and Geddy. Hurl actually won 4 tickets to the festival through the Bear radio station. He won them Friday afternoon, so this came up out of the blue. He dropped by my place and said,we were going, so off we went.

The festival ended up being a huge disappointment, with Ratt, Fist, Kansas and Survivor cancelling, although Fist would have been the only band I would like to have seen out of that bunch. BTO played but without Randy Bachman, how can you be BTO without Randy Bachman, I don't understand. The only bands I really recall seeing were George Thorogood and Nazareth. Sadly we had to leave Sunday morning, which meant I didn't get to see Deep Purple, whom were the main band I would love to have seen at this fest. Hurl was driving, so I had no choice but to leave with him. Damn you Hurl,lol.

All and all we had a pretty good time, lots of drinking and carrying on.

Front.


Back.






No comments:

Post a Comment