Friday, November 19, 2010

Mike Plume Band In Concert 11/18/10



Last night Buzzard,Hurl and I made our way to the Haven Social Club in Edmonton to see Mike Plume play again, this was my fourth time seeing him perform live. This is a great venue to checkout some live music (150 seater), only my second time there, first time being last summer for Leeroy Stagger, whom is playing said venue Nov.26th opening for Wil. Anyways, gettin' off track here.

The show last night started with local band The Switchmen who were alright, I didn't think anything special of them, to me it didn't look like they were enjoying themselves, which always bugs me, look like your having fun playing. Next up was Wheat Pool also from Edmonton, this was my second time seeing them play, and enjoyed them much more this time around, good stuff, worth looking into.

Eleven o'clock hit and The Mike Plume Band hit the stage for a 2 hour show in front of a full house. This time around Mike was playing as a trio, this was the first time I had seen them as a trio and have to say I was very very impressed. I keep appreciating Mike's talent more and more every time I see him play. Not only is he a wicked songwriter, but this evenings show really showed off his guitar playing as well. As it was just him on guitar and harp, Ben on bass, and longtime drummer (25 years) Ernie. What a wicked fuckin' trio, Ben sings along the whole time and looks like he is having the time of his life, and drummer Ernie, well he just kicks ass as well. I have to say Mike is a super nice guy on top of it all, he takes the time to interact with his fans which is always nice.

The band were ON this night, Mike played songs from his whole catalog of music, which I am having a hard time finding, I only have four of his albums, as that's all I can find thus far,damn it. I can't even pick a favorite song as they are all excellent. Of course the audience really got off to some of his newer songs such as 8:30 NFLD, More Then A Game and one of my faves from his latest album (MPB830NFLD) Keeping Time With The Telephone Poles, hell only a few more beers and Hurl and I may have got up and did our dance to that song, ya we have a dance for that song,lol. Mike just plays true life songs that you can't help but relate with. He did a song lastnight that I had never heard before, it was like a sea shanty song, but about Alberta, that went over fucking great, had everyone singing along, good times!!! What an awesome night of music, thanks Mike and Band, wish I could get out to Bonnyville for the show tomorrow at The Wetlander Bar & Grill.















Front.

No comments:

Post a Comment