Friday, November 19, 2010

Concert Shirts/Poster Of The Day Nov.19th (Slipknot)

Today's t-shirts are from the triple bill of Coal Chamber, Slipknot and Dope concert I won tickets to with a meet and greet with Dope. I also got a free Coal Chamber t-shirt (that I never wear) cause I hate them, and the Dope CD "Felons and Revolutionaries". I won this prize package through Vue Weekly magazine, which is the local entertainment mag that comes out weekly.

This show was at the Golden Garter on the Northlands grounds in Edmonton in 1999. I went to this show with my friend Psycho. The only band that really interested me at all on this bill was Slipknot, having just seen them perform at Ozzfest earlier in the year. Our meet and greet with the band Dope was during Slipknot's set, it was pretty cool to watch Slipknot's set from the side of the stage. What a fucking intense band Slipknot are, I thought they were amazing. As for opening band Dope, they were just boring generic nu-metal. When we did get to meet the band, they were nice enough guys, autographed a CD for me and thanked me for coming out to the show. I asked them if they were interested in burning one, which they declined. Dumb asses, your band is called Dope, smoke the damn thing with me, they did share a bit of the JD with me though. After meeting them we got back into the crowd and watched the rest of the Slipknot set. Next was headliner Coal Chamber, who sucked, and we left shortly after they started. All and all a fun night.

Picture of Psycho and I with the band Dope.


I am third from the left.

Front.


Back.


Front.


Back.


Autographed Dope CD.







No comments:

Post a Comment