Sunday, November 7, 2010

Concert Shirt/Poster Of The Day Nov.7th (Mary Prankster)

Today's t-shirt is from an old local Edmonton metal band from the late 80's early 90's, the band was called "Mary Prankster". Not the most original name, but good guys that played a fun party type metal. While they never really got big, they did have a good following in Edmonton, and did get some good gigs opening for such bands as LA Guns,Sweet and SNFU and shared the stage with many other local bands.

I got this t-shirt from the time I saw them headline a Halloween show at the old Golden Garter on the Northlands grounds back in 1991 I believe.

Funny story how I got to get to know these guys. I met the bass player Shane Kozack at a bus stop one morning while waiting for the bus to go to work. I happened to be smoking one while waiting when he could smell the good shit burning. He joined me in a wake and bake session while waiting. We got to talking and hit it off quite well. He had told me about a band he played in and invited me down to their rehearsal space (a garage on 99st) where I got to meet the rest of the band Wayne Bock on vocals, Gene Cazes on guitar, Rick Reynolds on guitar and Franko Holub on drums. All the guys were super nice and treated me good, I used to have a lot of fun going to watch these guys jam and drink beers with them. Where are you guys now and what are you doing? Anyone know? Be fun to see a reunion show.

Front.


Back.


No comments:

Post a Comment