Sunday, October 10, 2010

Carpenter In Concert 10/09/10



Yesterday afternoon Hurl and I made our way over to Filthy McNasty's on Whyte Ave. in Edmonton to see Vancouver band Carpenter in concert. It was an afternoon show which was a little different, but still a really good show. It was a free show which was also really nice, the place was packed when we got there, we caught the opening band called Aboutmusic, which I think has got to be the worst band name I have heard in a very long time. They were alright,but nothing special, the bar was packed for them, so I think they are a local band and had a lot friends out to the show. After them, the place thinned out a bit, but still a good crowd for Carpenter, considering there was absolutely no advertising for this show at all.

Carpenter came out and rocked the shit out of the place, very energetic and very loud, almost too loud for the venue, but nonetheless a great show. I ran into lead singer and songwriter Daniel Ryan Sioul when I first got there, he came up and shook my hand and thanked my me and my buddy for coming out to the show and supporting them. I had met Daniel in Vancouver at my brothers wedding in August, so it was nice to see he remembered me. A super nice guy and a great singer,songwriter and guitar player, the whole band was very tight sounding and nice guys. They did some songs from their excellent new album Sea To Sky including my favorite song on the album Long Hard Day, that was awesome. All and all a really good show and good time, wish I could have made it out to Leduc for the night show. I would give this show an 8 out of 10. Good times!!!









Front.

No comments:

Post a Comment