Saturday, October 30, 2010

Concert Poster Of The Day Oct.30th (Big Sugar)

Today's poster is from the first time I ever saw Big Sugar live. This show was at People's Pub in Edmonton in 1993. Gordie Johnson blew me away the first time I saw him play in concert, it was just him and a bass player and drummer, a wicked three piece band, that were raw and rocking. Big Sugar became a bigger band a few years later, but this show it was just a raw rocking blues based show, not as reggae as they became later. Ever since this show I have followed Gordie's career very close. I have seen him many times, and now his new band Grady is kind of getting back to his roots as a blues kick ass band. Having said that, there was nothing wrong with his Big Sugar days.



In concert news... According to Big Sugar's website, Gordie will be reuniting with Big Sugar for a show here in Edmonton as part of The Grey Cup Festivities on Saturday November 27th. I can't find any venue or ticket information yet, but keep your ear and eyes open for this announcement. As well, his band Grady will be playing in Edmonton at Union Hall on Wednesday November 24th.

In other Grady news... Grady is releasing a live CD/DVD called Calling My Demons recorded in Winnipeg on November 15th. Can't wait to see and hear this. Grady,like Big Sugar is best live.

No comments:

Post a Comment