Friday, October 1, 2010

Concert Shirt/Poster Of The Day Oct.1st (Skankin Pickle)

Today's t-shirt is from a band I saw at The Highwood Festival that was held in 1993. Originally this festival was supposed to be held in High River, Alberta, but got moved at the last minute to the raceway just outside of Edmonton. This festival wasn't run very well, but still made it out to it, and had an awesome time. It was a weekend of total debauchery to say the least. The festival had a few stages and a hell of a lot of bands playing. Some of the bands cancelled, due to poor organization I am sure, but the ones that did make it, were fucking rocking. Some of the bands that did cancel were Bad Religion,Charlie Musselwhite,Weird Al Yankovic,Annihilator. It was a weekend long festival held between Aug.13th-15th. Some of the bands that I did get to see were, Social Distortion and this was my first time seeing them, they fuckin' kicked ass,also on the bill, and bands that I did see were Mudhoney, D.R.I, The Muffs, King Missile, Monster Voodoo Machine, Edmonton band The Imagineers, Huevos Rancheros and many other bands that I don't totally recall seeing. One band that really impressed me that I had never heard of before, was a ska band from California called Skankin Pickle, they were a really fun band to see live, and never got the chance to see them again unfortunately. Thus, this is the shirt I have picked for today. The festival was MC'ed by none other then Tommy Chong of Cheech and Chong fame, which was really cool. His opening line of the weekend was "I smell some good dope out there, I know,cause I brought it", maybe you had to be there, but that shit cracked me up at the time. I thought, ok, he is on the same page as me. There weren't as many people there as anticipated, but those that did show up (about 3000-5000 people), I am sure had a good time, I know myself,Nerraw,Mik,Hurl and his brother had a wicked time. You name it we were drinking it,dropping it,smoking it,snorting it, just a real wild weekend. Hell I quit drinking for a week after this festival, took me that long to recover. And well it should when you don't sleep for three days. Good times!!!







A little while after this show, my brother found me another Skankin Pickle t-shirt in Vancouver. He sent me this shirt after I told him how impressed I was with them.

Front.


Back.

No comments:

Post a Comment