Sunday, October 17, 2010

Concert Shirt/Poster Of The Day Oct.17th (Boneclub)

Today's t-shirt is from the Bone Club concert that Scotty,A-Bomb and I went to back in 1991 at Nighthawks in downtown Edmonton. Bone Club were a band from Minneapolis who never got the recognition that I think they deserved. They were fucking excellent to see live. They were touring for their Beatiflu EP when we saw this show. Opening band was local rockers Dimestore Hoods who also were really good. My brother helped put on this show, if you look at the poster you will see his name on it (Captain Citrus). This show had a pretty good turnout, and was actually a pretty decent venue, although this venue didn't last long, unfortunately. My best memory of this show, was actually after the show. We had been drinking way too much and having way too much fun. Well, after the show on the way to Scotty's car, Scotty had to open his big mouth and call a couple of big dudes walking by ladies "yo, how's it going ladies" dumb ass, they didn't appreciate that much,lol. We managed to talk ourselves out of a beating, thank god. Ok, got out of that confrontation. Now, time to go home. Well, being the dumb punk ass drunks we were at the time, we decide to get into Scotty's little red Chevette and drive home, not a good idea. Driving home going up 99th street, Scotty and A-Bomb decide that Scotty will look after the gas pedal and A-Bomb will steer, ya, not the brightest bunch we were. That was the most terrifying drive I have ever been on. Scotty wouldn't use the brake pedal, thank god A-Bomb could steer, fuck me, the curve going up 99 street, I thought we were a goner, I was sitting in the backseat praying to make it home alive, we did, but not without some scary moments. Looking back now, I laugh at the memory, but holy shit, that was one scary drive home. Kids, do not drink and drive, that was so stupid, yet fun. Good times!!! Front. Back.

2 comments:

  1. I often recorded the bands thru the soundboard at Nighthawks, and this weekend while cleaning i found a cassette with the Dimestore Hoods set from this show. I probably have the Bone Club set. I also found a tape with an interview i did with Bone Club a year earlier at.... what was that club just off the high level bridge, on the ground floor of an apartment or office building? I saw Gwar play there in 1989, one of the "last" SNFU shows was there in '89 as well.

    I always felt that Bone Club would've been bigger if they had lived in New York, San Francisco or Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that club called Crackerjacks or something like that?

    ReplyDelete