Thursday, October 28, 2010

Concert Poster Of The Day Oct.28th (Montreal Jazz Fest)

Today's poster is from my visit to Montreal in 2003 to see my brother. I had timed my visit with him while he was living there during the Montreal Jazz Festival. I saw a few concerts during the festival at a venue called The Metropolis, Ben Harper and Wilco on different nights. Not only did I see those two bands, they also had downtown Montreal cordoned off to traffic with stages set up outside for free shows every night. On the weekend, there were up to 100,000 people wandering the streets and checking out the music. Now Montreal knows how to put on a festival, unlike what they call fests out west here. You could actually walk around with a beer and check shit out. Beers stands everywhere, with everyone enjoying themselves, no big police presence. Not like here in Edmonton, where they round you up like cattle and make you drink in a fenced in beer garden. Even if your not a fan of jazz music, you can't help but have a good time at something like this. I highly recommend checking out the Montreal Jazz Fest if you ever have the chance. Good times!!!

The poster for 2003's festival is some cool too. I never really appreciated this poster til my buddy Eor pointed out the map of the globe melded in with all the people. It's so obvios to me now, but for weeks I never saw it. Damn cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment