Sunday, October 17, 2010

Tranzmitors In Concert 10.16.10


Last night Saturday October 16th my buddy Hurl and I made our way to Avonmore Hall for a night of music, with the Tranzmitors headlining. It's been a few years since I have been to a hall show, an all ages show at that. Felt like a teenager again hiding our box of beer in the bushes and drinking during band sets, for a while anyways, eventually we just brought our beers in like everyone else was doing. They had a good turnout for the show with about a hundred people jammed in to the small community hall.

First band of the night was Fever Island, we only caught two of their songs, so can't really say too much about them.

Next up was Edmonton band Nervous Wreck who were quite good, playing some straight up rock with a punk edge. Good stuff.

Next was another Edmonton band called Slates who were really good as well. I was quite surprised by how much I liked them, they rocked hard and had the crowd moshing and singing along all through their set. A band I will be following a little closer, I hope to see them play a bigger venue and stage soon.

Slates.


Second last band of the night was a all female band from Calgary called The Throwaways. I thought they were awful, did nothing for me.

Last up was the Vancouver band The Tranzmitors who play a power pop punk type of music, what it reminds me of is old Kinks music with edge, really good stuff. My brother turned me onto this band earlier this year when they played at his wedding reception in Vancouver. They have been around for years and have done a lot of touring. I am really digging their music and highly recommend picking up their tunes. The crowd again were really into them and pogoing around like crazy and jumping in and singing with the band. A great show.

Tranzmitors.








A great night of loud rock n' roll in a packed small community hall, Good times!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment