Thursday, October 21, 2010

Concert Shirt/Poster Of The Day Oct.21st (Pavement/ US Maple)

Today's t-shirt is from a band I saw open for Pavement when I saw them play in Vancouver at The Vogue Theatre in 1999. The band was called U.S. Maple, I had never heard of them before. I had never seen Pavement before either, so I was in for a treat, especially having gone to the show with Uncle Sid. Well, U.S. Maple hit the stage and were incredible, or so I thought at the time. They were a freak noise band with an amazing guitar player. I was so amazed, that I bought a t-shirt from the show, they had no Pavement merchandise. Days after seeing U.S. Maple, I found one of their album. Wow, not good at all, it really is just noise. That evening though, I thought they were one of the best live bands I had heard in years. I guess, Uncle Sid does make things seem better then they actually are. Pavement were really good too, they broke up not long after this concert.

Front.




2 comments:

  1. Dude, US Maple is like my favorite band of all time. Any chance you would like to sell that shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Peter, I am going to hang on to the t-shirt. Thanks for checking out the blog.

    ReplyDelete