Thursday, March 2, 2017

Wet Secrets with Napalmpom Live Feb.25th 2017


On Saturday night Cuz and I went to The Buckingham for the Wet Secrets, Napalmpom and Cham show. The main reason I went to this show was to finally see Napalmpom live.

The night started with Edmonton pop punk band Cham, which did absolutely nothing for me. Not my cup of tea and really didn't think they were all that good period.

Next up was Calgary band Napalmpom. This is a band that my brother turned me onto a few years ago when he bought me their first album "The Unconditional Love of Napalmpom" for Xmas. I really liked the album but never got out to see them play live. Well, Saturday night was my chance. My Bro. had told me they were really good live and he sure the hell wasn't kidding.

Napalmpom's show Saturday was an album release concert. Having just released their second album "The Core Competencies Of Napalmpom". The band which consists of P.J. Lavergne on vocals, Shawn Petsche on guitar, Craig Evans on guitar, Ian Baker on bass and Matthew Bayliff on drums fucking kicked ass. A great rock n' roll band which reminds me of Thin Lizzy, AC/DC and The Who all mixed together making for some kick ass rock n' roll. I was very impressed with the sound energy the way the guys fed off of each other, you could tell the guys were having a lot of fun performing to a near sold out crowd, although bass player Ian was feeling under the weather, the rest of the band really brought it. P.J. on vocals is excellent. I can't wait to see these guys again. Canada's AC/DC!

Napalmpom.

Headliner of the evening was Edmonton band Wet Secrets. This was my second time seeing them in concert. The crowd had thinned out a bit after Napalmpom. Didn't stop the Wet Secrets from putting on a good show. The six piece band that dress in matching marching band outfits, this time they were in black outfits, as last time I saw them they were in red.

The band is led by Lyle Bell who also plays in Shout Out Out Out Out, with two ladies that play horns and sing back up vocals and dance and look good all while doing this. There is also another guy on sax, a drummer and keyboard player. I guess you could call the music dance rock with a real heavy bass feel mixed with horns. I find it to be a fun style of music.

Wet Secrets opened the show with the song "Grow Your Own Fucking Mustache Asshole" from their album Rock Fantasy. They have some great song titles, another one they did was "I Teabagged Myself" as well as "Get Your Shit Together" and "What's The Fucking Point" from their Free Candy album. They are a fun entertaining band to see. Check them out if you don't mind quirky weird dance slash bass heavy rock. Good times!!!

The Wet Secrets.

The new Napamlpom album The Core Competencies of Napalmpom.

A cool patch that guitar player Shawn Petsche gave me.

T-shirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment