So after seeing the first night of Angine de Poitrine the night before, I thought I need to see that again. With both shows being sold out well in advance I figured I'd have a quick look the morning of the show to see if tickets were available, and lo and behold there were tickets and at half the price I paid for night one. I told my wife Janis you really need to see this group live. It's way too hard to explain them, it's really something you need to see. She agreed to come to the show so I grabbed us tickets. I mentioned to my buddy A-Bomb that tickets were available, but he said he would only go if he could get a ticket for $30 or less. I checked Stub Hub and there it was a ticket for 30. I watched the site for a few hours, he ended up getting a ticket for $17, great fucking deal. So there we were A-Bomb, Janis and I going for night two of Angine live at the Ice District Fan Park. My friend Nazz and his wife already had tickets for the show, so we met them at the venue. This time around we didn't bother getting there for the opener, saw them the night before and certainly didn't need to see them again.
We got to the venue a half hour or so before Angine de Poitrine hit the stage,, had a to get a few beers and a smoke before the show. Well the smoke tent was a popular place to be as many in there were passing joints around, Janis loved that and partook in a circle of doobies flying around. She was ready to now see this band live.
Night two was exactly as the night before, didn't feel or look like as a big of crowd as night one. But still, a good vibe nonetheless. Again a wide range of ages and people at the show, from little kids to old fucks like us, metal heads, punks, hipsters, you name it they were there. And again all kinds of people in polka dot shirts, shorts, hats and such. Right at the beginning of the show when the band came out, we were just heading into the venue and there was a little kid, probably about seven years old with her Mom, she let out a scream like it was The Beatles coming on stage. Talk about excited, lol. It was actually pretty cool to see little kids at the show and loving it, bouncing around to the weird ass music. Love seeing kids get into strange music like this, maybe there is hope for rock n' roll. Another little kid we saw, again maybe 7-8 years old was in his Mom's arms, big head phones on to protect his hearing but he was bobbing along to the music, making the hand gestures that the duo do during there shows. he knew what was going on, it was very cute to see.
For those that don't know Angine de Poitrine is a duo from Quebec that play a style of music that I have recently learned, called Microtonal Music, it's weird ass music and all instrumental. these guys are super talented on their instruments. To read more about Microtonal Music, click here, a great article from SPIN Magazine.
The band played an hour long set just like the night before. During the show we made our way pretty close to the front of the stage. My favourite part of the evening was watching Janis's facial expressions during the show, wide eyes and like what the fuck is going on. All and all a very fun show and night out with Janis and friends. Good times!!!
T-shirt.


No comments:
Post a Comment