Saturday, August 3, 2019

Slash Live in Edmonton July 20th 2019


A few weeks ago my buddy Buzzard and I went to the Slash concert featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators at the Edmonton Convention Centre. I've always been a fan of Slash since getting into Guns N' Roses as a teenager, but as for his solo stuff, never really been a fan. I've listened to some of his stuff including the album they are touring for Living The Dream and it just doesn't do anything for me, very middle of the road music. But I thought maybe it will be better live, as some bands just are. And hell I got tickets for only 20 dollars so it was worth taking the chance.

We missed the opening act Joyous Wolf which is too bad as I wanted to see them but by the time we got in the venue they were just leaving the stage, so missed them.

There wasn't a very long break between bands. Slash and his band The Conspirators came on stage early which was weird, that had people scrambling out of the beer line ups and making their way to the front of the stage, as this show was general admission so you could take your drink and get as close as you wanted.

As for the songs they did, I really don't know the titles of them. But those in attendance sure seemed to know them quite well, as people were rocking out and singing along. Lead singer Myles Kennedy who also fronts the band Alter Bridge has a decent voice and did a great job of the one Guns N' Roses song they did "Nightrain". Slash was Slash in all his glory, he's almost kind of a cartoon figure in his long curly hair, shades and top hat, but he sounded good and did lots of solos, which really did nothing for me. What did impress me was the two songs Canadian bassist Todd Kerns did lead vocals on. Todd use to front the band The Age Of Electric who were a good band back in the day. Overall it was a fun night out, lots of beers and some rock n' roll. Not a great show but a good one. We got our moneys worth. Good times!!!

Slash featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators at the Edmonton Convention Centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment