Saturday, November 4, 2023

Off With Their Heads Live in Edmonton June 7th 2023

 


Another full house at The Buck for this show headlined by Off With Their Heads, Single Mothers and Vargouille.

 The evening began with a new Edmonton band called Vargouille. I had never heard of them before but it didn't take long before I realized that the lead singer was James Renton from another local band called Fire Next Time though he uses a different name in this band. The band is based on the game Dungeons and Dragons. The band consists of Hendrik Wraithsbane on vocals, Baron Von Drakonus Stormhammer on drums, PatheNeon Borelais on bass and on guitars you have Rayov Sickness and Erurainon Eraisuithon Beriothien. As you can tell just by the names that they take their DnD serious. Of course the songs are all DnD inspired done in a hardcore style of music. I'm no fan of DnD but they were actually quite good.

Vargouille.



 Next up was Hamilton, Ontario based band Single Mothers led by lead singer Andrew Thomson. I  had seen Drew Thomson play a solo show years ago and was impressed by him then. I'm not familiar with his band Single Mothers. I had heard of them before but had never listened to them. Much to my surprise, I was very impressed. They were heavier then I had expected and Drew was very energetic and did a great job of getting the sold out crowd pumped up. I'd certainly check them out again.

Single Mothers.







 Headlining the evening was Minneapolis punk band Off With Their Heads. The band was on tour in celebration of the 10th anniversary of their album Home, in which they played in its entirety. My brother Citrus got me into this band a few years ago and this was my first time seeing them play live.

 The band is led by lead singer guitarist Ryan Young. From what I understand the band seems to have a rotating cast of members. They did the whole album Home and few others. I enjoyed their set, just wish they had plated longer. Good times!!!

Off With Their Heads.







No comments:

Post a Comment