Saturday, November 18, 2023

Whitehorse Live in Edmonton July 21st 2023


 My buddy Buzzard and I went to three shows during this years Taste Of Edmonton Festival held at Sir Winston Churchill Park in downtown Edmonton. This festival is a ten day event that features all kinds of different restaurants and food trucks and a wide variety of music every day. This years line up was pretty solid, and all the entertainment is free.

The first band we went and saw was the Hamilton based band Whitehorse. This would be my sixth time seeing the band in concert. There was a pretty good turnout for the show, which was good to see. To me this wasn't one of the better shows I have seen them perform. Not that the band was bad or anything, it was more the song selection that they played. I prefer their older material myself. This time around they played quite a few songs from their latest release "I'm Not Crying, You're Crying" which has a real country sound to it. I found the songs to be kind of flat sounding. When they did do some of the rocking songs from previous albums, the band sounded great. All and all for a free show, it's hard to complain, even though, I just it did! Good times!!!

Whitehorse.







No comments:

Post a Comment